Sunday 6 March 2016

Super Saturday!!

Milton Keynes Race Three

I've had a good season so far, coming 5th in race one, and 7th in race two; this was race three. My goal for the race was to get better positioning in the bunch. It's really hard as I'm an under 14 racing with the under 16s.

I did a long warm up and my mind was raring to go. The course was the same as race two, coming down the hill round the back and up the other hill to the finish line. The positioning really mattered, if you were on the wrong side on the corners you may get stuck on the apex of the corners also if you were behind on the climb the gap would only get bigger - at the front you could go slower!

By the time lap four came along I had already achieved my goal, I was up near the front almost every lap. Although, the racing was more aggressive then I was used to. This helped with gaining confidence for Assen (this is the big European race I've entered for the summer). Fortunately, every time someone decided to attack the group would swallow them up quickly and slow meaning I could close down the couple of meters gap that had opened up. 

5 laps to go was a exciting lap as there was a crash so everyone was being cautious and riding slow, this helped me recover! The whole group coming slowly down the hill woth 4 to go felt funny as none of us new whether the rider had got out of the road of the dead corner. They had. 

When the bell rang out I was still sitting in the group (positioned farly well) coming up the hill everyone was sprinting fast and I wasn't used to sprinting in the group. I came over the line 16th out of the under 16s and 8th out of the under 14s. 

Overall I'm happy with my ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment