Monday 28 March 2016

My first win for The MI Racing Academy

Milton Keynes Race Four
It was a wet day making the course slippy and windy. It also ment that my field was really small so we got to race with the boys. Racing with the boys is very different to racing with the girls as there are more attacks and the pace is a lot higher. 

I got dropped by the bunch very early on forming a small group, (of about 5 people), where the boys did loads of solo breakaways, but the girls stayed together. After we had caught the boys back up the one of them attacked again which I went with. Luckily, it stuck so we caught the group ahead of us, who were lapped so I didn't have to worry that there were some girls in there. I attacked again hoping the boy who I came with will come with me but he didn't, so I was out on my own for 2 laps. He caught me up with another girl hanging of the back. As it came up to the last lap and the sprint, I sprinted I overtook the boy and came to win the U14 girls!

                       This is me sprinting for the finish!

This was a big win to me because Milton Keynes has a very strong field of riders. As it turned out, the girl who came second I had lapped, which I was also extremely surprised at!

It was a good end to the mini series!  Overall I won enough points to finish in the top 3 (we think 2nd but not sure yet). 

It also got me in the Loughborough Echo!



No comments:

Post a Comment