Monday 19 September 2016

A Great Start to the Cyclo Cross Season!

Alfreton
The 2016/2017 Cyclo-Cross season has finally arrived.

My first race was a small pre-season race at Mallory Park and was a good shake down on the bikes. The course was bone dry and very bumpy, but I came 2nd girl and 1st under 14.

My second race was at the West Midland Cyclo Cross league, I didn't really know what to expect as it isn't my home league. From the start there was 4 of us in a little group, I decided to attack almost straight away. I managed to hold the lead to take the under 16 and 14 win.

The third race I did was the Notts and Derby Cyclo Cross league, my home league. Hardwick Hall  had always been one of my favourites but seeing a some mud made it even better! Again, I didn't know what to expect from the new faces of under 14s. As it turned out I had a lead on the first lap and kept it finishing 1st under 14 and 3rd under 16.

Round 2 of the NDCXLwas at Alfreton. Alfreton has never been on of my favourites but I still managed to win, improving my overall girl place by 1 (coming second U16).

I'm very happy with my start to the season and can't wait for the rest of all the racing.

I can't wait to be racing the best from the other leagues at the Nationals.  I'm hoping to get on the podium at one of the National Trophies.

No comments:

Post a Comment